The question I ask so many progressives has been ”If we could show that Arab and Muslim people were not the culprits on 9/11, wouldn't that undercut the Islamophobia used by the US to promulgate its imperial ventures in the Middle East?


My experience is that it is common for progressives just as dedicated to being antiracist as I am to actually take a racist position about discussing evidence that the planes which hit the towers did not take them down.  I have no problem with those who differ with me about the interpretation of this or that piece of evidence. However, I assert it is racist to categorically refuse to discuss that evidence, which, for instance, is true of the most impressive radical student I knew from my college years at MIT, Michael Albert. 


 I actually consider anyone who can hold a civil dialog with me about the evidence to be a hero of mine. Civil dialog about what happened on 9/11 is RARE in the US. 


I was radicalized during the Vietnam War at MIT by Noam Chomsky among others, and Noam has let me meet with him to discuss the issue several times, for which he deserves praise. He also deserves praise for admitting he does not think the US can prove OBL was involved.  Sadly, his resistance to discussing the physics involved ignores the reality that this physics can be discussed at a junior high level. 


Example from one former teacher of 9th-grade science: “The top of a building cannot crush the bottom of a building without slowing down.”


 Far too many people fall victim to Langley's promulgation of the use of the phrase "conspiracy theorist" as a put-down, which to me implies the speaker holds that people in power would never abuse that power, an absurdity.  Jumping to conclusions without evidence SHOULD be discouraged.  Suppressing hard questions about evidence should NOT be discouraged.


 Do you agree that the common statement by so many people, “ It’s unfair to hold the bad actions by a few bad apples against all Muslims,”  implies the speaker has little concern that such a large percentage of the US public is hardly antiracist enough to avoid using their Islamophobia to support US imperial ventures?


Here is a link to my list of 30 simple points suggesting the issue of 9/11 is worth examining.                                                                                                              https://911evidencethatsuggestsdeeperstudy.blogspot.com 

 911 Evidence That Suggests Deeper Study


I no longer agree with my point #30 since I no longer believe UA93 was shot down. 


 Here are 2 links to websites I set up which address the intersection of  ethnicity and 9/11.


 This Pakistani MIT grad and her young children were victims of extraordinary rendition. A Pakistani head of state was deposed as a result of protests about this and other similar injustices.


MITalumnaServing86Years.blogspot.com


This black NYC official, who also is a Muslim,  should be considered in history as the great hero of 9/11.


Barry Jennings Mystery


contact: dslesinger@alum.mit.edu 410-499-5403

Comments